It’s been a year full of excitement and learning. Excitement at getting so much work, then learning how to cope with it. Excitement at the chance to work with so many different and distinctive organisations, then learning how to be my own account manager, finance assistant, new business consultant and boss. Excitement at my time being my own, then learning how to manage it. Or not. Then learning to turn mistakes into wiser decisions.
If we’ve worked together this year – thank you for being part of my first year as a freelancer, and having me as part of your project team. It’s been a pleasure. If we haven’t worked together yet, I hope we might do soon.
As a little Christmas present to Wise Copy, to show off my skills and remember how much this year has held, here are just ten highlights of 2011.
What I’ve been up to in 2011
- Getting First Great Western‘s new website up and running, sounding clear & inspiring.
- Advising someone making a career change, crafting a sparkling CV and covering letter.
- Writing up incredible stories of hope for Sparks children’s medical research charity.
- Researching, writing and editing MTV Staying Alive Foundation‘s first impact report.
- Producing a WordPress site and regular newsletter for the Social Research Association.
- Interviewing a helpline advisor for The National Autistic Society‘s Christmas appeal.
- Editing the share offer for community enterprise Bath and West Community Energy.
- Writing a project update for people who’ve donated to Absolute Return for Kids charity.
- Venturing inside the fashionable Ms Wanda’s Wardrobe for Do The Green Thing’s blog.
- Writing web copy and communications for pioneers of online fundraising JustGiving.
You can find my full portfolio here.
Looking forward to catching up with you in 2012…