I have eighteen years’ experience in writing for businesses, nonprofit organisations and charities. Web copy, articles, reports, marketing emails, fundraising campaigns, information booklets, help text, newsletters and editorial features – I can research, write and edit them all to your brand style. My speciality is clear, accessible, friendly copy.
What I write about
My experience spans international development, health, education, disability, medical research, fundraising, campaigning, financial services, technology, transport, environment, food, property, arts, crafts and culture.
- Getting into the shoes of the people you want to talk to
- Using language to catch people’s attention, move them and inspire them to act
- Getting people interested and excited about the things that matter to you
- Putting complicated, specialist information into plain English
- Pulling out key messages and making sure they’re expressed clearly
- Making sure your brand voice shines through
- Teamwork (with designers, developers, product managers and marketers)
- Brand development (communicating your organisation’s unique proposition)
- Digital and social media (understanding what makes it work really well).